Wednesday, April 25, 2007

YAG bible study at BCF

I went to the YAG bible study in my new church last night. It was their first session of a new study material so my timing was just perfect. The study material they use this time is quite unusual: We were studying the "Westminster Shorter Catechism", you can find details here:
http://www.reformed.org/documents/WSC_frames.html

There were 6 people last night, it seemed that many others are taking vacations around this time. We met in the apartment of the YAG leader, a Swiss American guy. By the time I arrived another American girl was there, and the host was offering drinks to us and he asked the other American girl: Would you like some mugi cha?

And I thought to myself: Did he say "mugi cha"?

It turned out all three of us had stayed in Japan for at least a year and we all speak broken Japanese to some extent. This Swiss American guy has a kitchen full of Japanese spices, soy sauce, etc. Soon later Kim arrived and the four of us started to talk in funny Japanese and for a moment I felt I was still in Japan. It was actually Kim's first time to join the YAG bible study and that Amercian girl has been in Basel for only two months, so last night was also their first time to discover their common Japanese connection. The whole thing was amazing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Mindy,
I'm glad that God has been really kind in bringing you to Switzerland and making many miracles and preparing things for you. Everything seems very beautiful (of course there are always "bad" sides in any place). I really enjoy reading your comments.

If you are really interested in being in London, I will let you know of my friend's (or plural) e-mail addresses after I ask their permission so do let me know.

London might be more expensive (I think it is) than Basel but we'll see how things go...(^^).
I miss London still but getting used to the life here, too. Still wondering and praying for the next step.

Once you can have the Skype (do you?) we can talk online, too.

Do take care and God Bless you and keep you.

x Yumi