Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Long weekend

I suddenly discovered that this weekend is going to be a 4-day holiday (sat - tue) so today during my worktime, I was very busy making some last-minute booking for my holiday. Since I'm staying in a hotel in Basel anyway, I might just quit this one and stay in some other hotels in the lakes or the Alps. I found some information from this website last night:

http://www.myswitzerland.com/en.cfm/travel/trips

And the short movies of the trip planning plus the exciting music made me feel I want to run to the train station immediately.

For this weekend, I'm planning to go to Interlaken and Zermatt first. My friend Hattie will be coming from Germany again and join me in Interlaken, we'll stay there for two nights, she heads off back to Germany and I keep traveling to Zermatt and stay for another two nights. People say the scenaries there are like Switzerland postcards. I'm really looking forward to it.

I found a very nice apartment just a block from where I live right now, it will be available from May. It's on the 4th floor of a 5-floor building, the building is more than 100 years old with a very historical look from outside, nice thing is that it has been recently renovated so the interior is pretty new, with all the necessary appliance in my own apartment, including a washer&dryer (yes! very important, since in Switzerland if you're sharing a laundry room with others there's usually weird rules, such as you can only do laundry one day in a week, and no laundry on sundays..) The apartment is unfurnished and I'll need to buy some furnitures. I had thought about renting a furnished apartment but the price is usually doubled and I'll get stuck with several pieces of ugly old furnitures which I can't get rid off. So it's quite funny that even though I'm staying here for only several months, I'll need to get furnitures.

But there're a couple of second hand furnitures shops just around the corner, and I kind of liked it. I've decided to get a new mattress and everything else second hand. They have a collection of "antique" looking furnitures (meaning, they're really old), and I liked them better than new ones.. :p There's a huge standing lamp that I definitely want to have, and there's a green wooden dining table with 4 green chairs that I hope they'll still be there when I move in (I'm obsessed with green). I'll take some photos once I'm done with furnishing my new apartment. (And I'm so happy that it's a lot bigger than my apartment in Azabujuban!)

Another exciting news is that I'm going to have a phone interview with a hedge fund in London. More excitingly the interview will take place when I'm travelling to Zermatt, in the Alps... I wonder if those people in London would wish they could do it face to face in Zermatt..

Weather is so adorable.. I'd always dreamed of travelling in Europe when the weather was not so miserable, now things seem too good to be true. I need to remind myself to enjoy more of this best season of the year, who knows, my next chance might be many years later.

2 comments:

Lily said...

It's great! I am so jealous that you can visit such kind of wondeful places any time! In Japan, we have two long weekends as well (this Sat. to next Mon.), and after two working days we will have 3 days off. It's a Golden week! I wish I would join you!

Lily said...

Please do not forget to share the scenery to us^0^