Sunday, April 15, 2007

Encountering Paris Hilton

My friend Hattie who came visit me from Germany said she's interested in the Basel Internatioanl Watch and Jewellery Show so we went together on Saturday. The show was held in many locations, with one of the exhibition in the Basel Hilton hotel. As we were wondering around in the exhibition hall in the Hilton hotel, we saw a crowd of media people holding camcorders, cameras and microphone awaiting in front of an elevator. As a Chinese, I usually get excited whenever I see a crowd so I went closer to find out what's going on. The moment we found out that they were only waiting for Paris Hilton, Hattie and I looked at each other, and walked away as quickly as possible.

The day after (today, Sunday) it became a famous local joke what Paris Hilton said at the news press of the show. She said "I really like it here your city of Zurich..." The audience had to boo at her to remind her that the city is Basel rather than Zurich. Well at least she got the country right!

1 comment:

Lily said...

Yes, even me I would try to find what's going on as well when I see a crowd.