Thursday, October 18, 2007

My New Home

My first month on the new job has been very leisure. Everyday it was either training or nothing to do. Some of my colleagues who are also new went golfing during office hour whereas I devoted most of my time doing yoga. My goal is to be able to bend backwards with my both hands on the floor within the next year... (sitll a long way to go and hopefully it's not next 10 years) :P I'm staying in the company accomodation at the moment but will need to move into my own apartment next month. I had been working with the company relocation agent but it had not been very fruitful. When we made appointment to see an apartment and the landlord would call and cancel it because it was rented out already.. and it happened to us 4 times! So much frustration.

There was one apartment that is everything I ever dream of: old-styled building (built in 1900), high ceiling, it even has a winter garden and a private garden outside of the winter garden. It was so hard to get an appointment and we had to wait for a week before we could go have a look. When we finally went there I fell in love with it immediately: it has a beautiful chandelier in the living room, fully equipped kitchen with washer and dryer.. etc. The ceiling of the bedroom is made of wood.. and the house is in mint condition.

The landlord was not there so we only met the tenant. We called the landlord as soon as we got into our car, but it was only his voicemail! All we could do was to leave him a message.. and wait anxiously because we were not sure whether someone had decided to take it or not. My agent called back an hour later and found out actually many people have decided to take the apartment! The landlord said he would decide the next day. We waited till the end of the next day and nothing happened.. (I'd been telling my colleagues about this apartment and they joked that if I didn't get this apartment, I would get furious.. and in fact I believe I would!)

So I kind of felt that it's not very likely that I'd get the apartment and I started looking for new ones on the web.. but nothing was nearly half as good as this one. Just when I was about to get furious my agent called and told me I got it!!! Oh thank you dear God! I probably felt more excited than the moment I knew I was accepted to graduate school, or my new job...

my new home:







2 comments:

lyrics-Boston said...

Hey, Xuemin:

So glad you got your apartment you dreamed of. Nice, nice. Enjoy your new life, and don't be crazy for work. ;o)

mindy said...

thanks for leaving a comment!
My current problem is not crazy work but no work.. I'm waiting to work on my first study. Hope I will get some work asap. :P